Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful am I.

I don't know how to write this blog.
I've tried at least four times and I still haven't found the right words.
Because I don't think there will ever be the right words to say to these people.
The ones that make life worth living, refresh the soul, and hold us together after the hardest week ever.
So, I don't know what else to say, but thank you.
To you who prays for me day and night. You know who you are. I know you are on your knees for me in prayer daily and I pray that God keeps us close forever. You are my best friend.
To you who brought me oranges, cold medicine, a million romance novels, and my favorite sweets when I was feeling sick. Thank you for loving me at all times and for teaching me what friendship really looks like.
To my family in Christ, who just lost everything, but yet has given me more than I could ever begin to ask for this week. I will never forget your kindness, your hours of cooking for me, letting me mourn with you for hours but then still finding joy in the Lord at the end of the day. Thank you for remembering that mango juice is my favorite and for thinking that I am a genius for getting the 1,000 rupee question right on Who Wants to Be A Millionaire. It boosts my self-confidence.
To you who is giving thousands to the Karuna Home, just because. I still cannot believe it. One day I hope you can come and meet my babies and see what a better life you are giving to them.
To you who sneaks me chocolates everyday, just because you know it will make me smile, despite the fact that one day I will become fat because of you.
To you who reminded me about the song that no one could sing, but the 144,000 redeemed. Thank you for teaching me how to love others. I am honored to leave your legacy.
To you who sent me the book about friends, reminding me that they are my angels and when I have awful weeks they somehow find a way to preserve my spirit again (and yes, you are my best friend, Gram. You always will be :) ).

I probably have a million other thank you's that I could say.
Today I am thankful because what would life be without friends?
Even though I feel as sick as a dog, I have friends that love me very much.
And that is the best thing for your health, I think.
:)

Thank you Jesus for friends that put band-aids on my heart when the pain comes.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment