Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Never Forget the No Teeth Smile :)

Today I went to the school to tutor my 30 Karuna Kids.
It was an experience I will never ever forget.

There was one little boy. He is in first grade. His name is Gideon.
He lost all his front teeth.
And he is the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life (I will post a picture tomorrow).

So today he was learning how to spell numbers and I was practicing with him.
When he or any one of them get something wrong their tutor slaps, pinches, or hurts them(this disturbed me greatly, but I guess it's how Indians learn).

I was going slowly through each number with him, spelling it out.
Then we got to nine and I kept saying, "N-I-N-E, 9! N-I-N-E, 9!"
And he started repeating me.
And every time he repeated me I would give him the biggest kiss.
His smile just kept getting bigger and bigger and I just kept kissing and kissing.
He continued to shout louder and louder, "N-I-N-E, 9!"
And then behind me I started to hear other kids in the class shouting, "N-I-N-E, 9!"
I started walking around the classroom just kissing their beautiful little heads and faces and hearing their joyful giggles!
And for the first time since I've been here I asked myself, "How am I ever going to leave?"

Do you think it's possible to love too much?


1 comment:

  1. I love this Nat :)

    And I think when you're brain think's you're loving people too much it just hasn't caught up to the love your heart has. And your heart has no limits.

    Keep on loving Nat Dawn!

    ReplyDelete