Wednesday, October 6, 2010

true love.

last night petra fell and bumped her head.
i immediately scooped her up and carried her to my room.
i set her on the bed and went to my secret stash.
i unveiled one Halloween Oreo.
the wailing ceased.

we laid on my bed together.
and she ate all the orange cream from the middle of the oreo.
and rejected the outside.
(which was fine with me, because that's my favorite part)
:)

for a long time she just touched my face and looked at me with lots of smiles.

then she began picking her nose.
then she wiped the contents of her nose on my face.
then she began to pick my nose.

and i broke the silence and laughed.
i laughed and laughed.
oh, how i dearly love her.

not true love:
i have a lizard living in my bathroom.
not like a tiny Arizona gecko.
but like a legit lizard.
i take about 2 minutes to actually walk into my bathroom.
because i have to scan every inch of the floor, walls, and ceiling for this lizard.

nasty, dude.

natalie grace donald


help me to love like you do, father:
:)

1 comment:

  1. I love you and I love JJ Heller and this song...oh did I mention that I love you?

    ReplyDelete